Affordable High Resolution Double Seam Inspection
SEAMscan SPC's extremely flexible and modular design allows you to tailor your double seam inspection package to suit the needs, and the budget, of your organization. Buy only what you need. The SEAMscan SPC System may be purchased as a complete seam scanner package, or as individual software modules and hardware options. Software changes, updates and upgrades are simple with the help of our Technical Support Department.
The SEAMscan SPC System is made up of three products essential for proper double seam maintenance and is often bundled with a technical support plan:
VSI-5000 Series Video SEAM Imager
This high-resolution digital seam scope for food cans, beverage cans, and aerosol cans, clearly illuminates and captures can seam images. The Video SEAM Imager is a fixed focus vision system designed to clearly illuminate and capture images of double seams, cover hook wrinkles, can ends, composite cans, side weld seams and much more.
More rugged and more reliable than conventional halogen lamps, the Video SEAM Imager uses a solid-state monochromatic LED light source designed for up to 5 years of 24 hour operation. Chromatic distortion is eliminated, permitting optimum can seam images with quick and easy operator adjustments of can position, contrast and brightness.
auto SEAMview Software
Measure, compare and evaluate double seam images in less than one second! Seams are automatically measured in high-resolution; out-of-spec readings are highlighted directly on the seam image; and SPC graphs are displayed in real-time along with the double seam.
auto SEAMview inspection software can automatically re-size live or captured can seam images to fit any screen; without affecting calibration or double seam measurement accuracy. Click to zoom into any part of the can seam for an additional 2x, 3x, or 4x magnification (nearly 250x actual size on a 17” monitor). Make notes right on the double seam image and save it as a .BMP, .PNG, .GIF or .JPG file, send it in an e-mail message, or even use it in a document or a spreadsheet.
auto SEAMview - Automatic Double Seam Measurement Software gives you the flexibility to:
- Easily capture images of can seams and other can profiles
- Automatically measure and analyze high-resolution double seam images - automatically inspecting and saving can seam images in less than one second!
- Customize your seam inspection screen, zoom levels, alert colors and appearance
- Browse and print can inspection reports with double seam images
- Show SPC graphs in real-time along side of the double seam image
- Connect to a variety of video seam imagers and fixed-focus microscopes
More information: auto SEAMview Inspection Software
Visionary SPC Software
Visionary SPC Software is a version of our powerful network-ready Visionary QC™ Software for can inspection and statistical process control. Packaged in a friendly user interface for both novice and expert computer users, Visionary SPC Software seamlessly integrates with the auto SEAMview Software to give you an automatic double seam measurement system with the power to:
- Customize your can inspection database and measurements
- Automatically store double seam images on the local hard disk in a compact digital format
- Browse and print inspection reports which include the actual double seam images
- Collect and report data from nearly any type of gauge or tester. Enter data from other software, gauges, testers or even the keyboard
- Administer program settings, test types, specifications, and administrative levels
Can inspection data may be shared and exported from Visionary SPC Software in virtually any format, so you can readily analyze the seam scan data using other standard software packages like LabView and Minitab.
More information: Visionary QC™ Software
It just keeps getting better.
Consistent, customer-driven software improvements have made the SEAMscan SPC System the most comprehensive, versatile can measurement and double seam evaluation system in the industry. Our latest version of the SEAMscan SPC System provides flexibility for those who need advanced statistical process control (SPC) tools, yet the double seam inspection process is user-friendly enough for less experienced technicians. Operating in the Microsoft Windows™ 98/2000/XP environment, you can start out with a basic seam scanner and easily upgrade to a full can inspection database and statistical process control system. Attach your existing can gauges and can testers with convenient adapters and converters.
The SEAMscan SPC system enhances your quality assurance department:
- Accurate double seam measurement in less than one second!
- Stored measurement data and seam images in a comprehensive database
- Easy-to-use Statistical Process Control for quick analysis of can inspection data for SPC purposes
- Direct integration of MetalBox, WACO, METOP, KUHNKE, and many other inspection systems
- Upgradeable to a Network ready version to remotely view inspection information, double seam images and SPC graphs
With many versatile configurations, only the SEAMscan SPC System has the fundamental structure to overcome obsolescence. As your needs grow, your seam inspection system can grow with you, and with CMC-KUHNKE you also get the total system technical support and responsiveness that ensure maximum up-time and fast, cost-effective upgrades.